Office Administrator – Temporary position
Location; Highgate, North London
Selvedge magazine is a textile publication directed towards an international, discerning audience. Selvedge covers textiles in every context: fine art, interiors, fashion, travel and shopping. As well as being a bi-monthly publication, we have a retail space and mail order site selling textile products and the publication.
Selvedge is currently seeking an administrative assistant to provide support to all areas of our business. This is a temporary role until the end of the year. This is an ideal position for a recent graduate looking to gain confidence and experience within an established but growing company.
– Customer service
– Attending trade fairs – this will involve selling subscriptions, promoting Selvedge to potential customers and the merchandising of our stand
– Helping with the organisation of our upcoming Christmas Fair. This will involve liaising with exhibitors and the venue on a regular basis
– Assisting customers in our retail space
– Packing orders and working with our drygoods range, pricing and organising stock
– Subscription mailings and assisting with sending out all new subscriptions from our office on a weekly basis
– Editorial research for upcoming issues
– Updating the website, including regular blog posts and emailers
– Flexibility, you must be willing to work some weekends
– An excellent telephone manner, the ability to talk to our customers with confidence is essential
– Excellent computer skills ideally on Macs, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
– You must be a quick learner and able to take instruction
– A good work ethic is essential
– Previous office experience is preferable
– You must have an interest in magazines and in textiles
– You must be able to work independently
– You must live in London
– You must be available to start this position immediately
Selvedge is produced by a small, dedicated team. The suitable candidate must be able to work effectively within the team with the ability to operate efficiently and decisively in a fast paced environment.
Hours: 40 hours a week. Please note this will involve weekend work as we have many trade fairs on the lead up to Christmas. Please do not apply if you cannot work weekends.
To apply: Please send your CV with an accompanying letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 6th September 2010